Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame...


OK, maybe I will blog more often than I thought. Sue me.

We were blessed with tickets to the Braves/Phillies game and VIP access to the 755 Club, named after Hank Aaron's 755 homerun record, with it's Ruby Tuesday-like restaurant and another $35/per person buffet, all of this in a plush, AC environment overlooking the entire field (also where our cooool church celebrated New Years'). My 91 year old grandmother is a HUGE Atlanta Braves fan and huge fan of Andrew Jones, the pretty boy star of the team. She calls him her other grandson. So, she, plus the kids who had not been to a pro game before, were the catalysts for the outing that also included Monique and I, as well as my parents. I dated many moons ago, the organist for the Braves, and accompanied her zillions of times to games, so I was not the least bit excited about the game itself, even though we would be at the newer, high-tech Turner Field. I dreaded the games, and felt like I was in prison when there was a rain delay or extra innings. PURE TORTURE, even behind the scenes around all the VIPs! But that was our date many times.

Turner Field, though, is another experience that you can really get into, even if you find baseball boring. I was only bored a little bit. The videos, all the action, other than ball playing on the field, and the cheerleaders that visited us in the stands, not to mention our crazily excited children, kept things quite interesting. Additionally, my grandmother's other grandson, Mr. Jones, closed the tied game out with a homerun that brought himself and two others in for a 5 to 2 victory. It was literally 9 innings of your run-of-the-mill game and two ending minutes of adrenaline excitement, with screams, fireworks, all of that. After you stood for the excitement, you stayed standing because it was time to go. Love that!! It could not have been a more perfect evening for my grandmother, the Braves' biggest fan.






The kids were crazed maniacs, in the best way possible. They were so "crunk" and excited with all their screaming and laughing. We were totally tired out from the whole experience. Of course the next day, when the kids were to go to my parents' house, Quadson had all sorts of baseball equipment in tow.


















No comments: